A study comprising 1,805 online surveys of adults between the ages of 18 and 34 was recently conducted. Among other things, the study found that
- More than 2 in 3 Long Islanders either rent or live in the home of a relative, most in single-family homes.
- 67% plan to move away from Long Island for more affordable housing.
- Long Island lags behind New York City and New York State in rental occupancy.
- 87% want to live in a place that supports small business and independent stores.
- 85% want to live close to a vibrant and pedestrian-friendly downtown.
- 74% stated that they prefer living in a place that is known for being artistic and creative.
For more information, read nextLI Survey: The Next Generation of Long Islanders.
Questions? Contact Rechler Equity Partners